Application Instructions - ACME-POCT
Point-of-Care Technology award applications are solicited and evaluated in two stages. Applicants must submit pre-proposals, which will undergo review by ACME and NIH scientific staff. A subset of the applicants who submitted pre-proposals will be invited to submit full proposals. Further details are provided below.
- Applications from anywhere in the US will be considered whether the applicants are from academic or non-academic, public or private, or non-profit or for-profit institutions.
- Awards under this solicitation may be made only to NIH-eligible applicants. Details regarding specific requirements can be found in the NIH Grants Policy Statement Part II: Terms and Conditions of NIH Grant Awards.
- Pre-proposals must be submitted through the POCTRN on-line system and are due no later than 5:00pm EST on Monday, March 2, 2020.
- Awards will be $50,000-$150,000 for 6 to 18 months. The funding and length of award will be determined based upon the statement of work and the time and money required to accomplish the milestones.
- Awards include combined direct and indirect costs. Indirect costs will be provided at your institution’s Federally-negotiated rate. We expect to make 3-5 awards.
- Applicants will be notified by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 as to whether they are invited to submit a full proposal.
- Invitations will be sent by email both to the PI and to the administrative contact listed in the pre-proposal. Invited full proposals must be received by 11:59pm EST September 1, 2020. Proposals must be submitted through the web-based proposal submission system.
- Instructions for navigating and completing the full-proposal submission system will be sent with the notification to individuals from whom full-proposals are requested.
- Each full proposal will be peer-reviewed on a confidential basis.