Application Instructions - C-THAN
Point-of-Care Technology award applications are solicited and evaluated in two stages. Applicants must submit pre-proposals (called Expressions of Interest), which will undergo review by C-THAN, NIBIB, and FIC scientific staff. A subset of the applicants who submitted pre-proposals will be invited to submit full proposals. Further details are provided below.
- Applications from all sources will be considered including domestic or foreign, public or private, or non-profit or for-profit. Applicants from low- and middle-income countries either independently or in collaboration with developers in high resource countries are encouraged to apply. Teams consisting solely of applicants from low- and middle-income countries will be given special consideration.
- Awards under this solicitation may be made only to NIH-eligible applicants. Details regarding specific requirements can be found in the NIH Grants Policy Statement Part II: Terms and Conditions of NIH Grant Awards.
- Pre-proposals must be submitted through the POCTRN online system at and are due no later than 4:59pm EST on Monday, March 2, 2020.
- The earliest anticipated start date for funding for those full proposals selected for funding October 1, 2020 (provided that funds are received from the Federal government and all necessary IRB and IACUC approvals are in place).
- The anticipated performance period is twelve months.
- 4-6 awards of up $50,000-$100,000 combined direct and indirect costs, will be made. Indirect costs will be provided at your institution’s Federally-negotiated rate. Funding will be determined based upon the statement of work and the money required to accomplish the project milestones.
- Point-of-Care Technology Awards Review Criteria will guide the selection of full proposals.
- Applicants will be notified by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 as to whether they are invited to submit a full proposal.
- Invitations will be sent by email both to the PI and to the administrative contact listed in the pre-proposal. Invited full proposals must be received by 4:59pm EST Monday, June 1, 2020. Proposals must be submitted through the web-based proposal submission system.
- Instructions for navigating and completing the full-proposal submission system will be sent with the notification to individuals from whom full proposals are requested.
- Each full proposal will be peer-reviewed on a confidential basis. All applicants will be informed of review decisions by July 29, 2020.